- Pain Medicine and MSK Ultrasound Cadaver Course, June 25-26, 2016 at Northwestern Center for Advanced Surgical Education (N-CASE), Chicago, Illinois.
- Save the Date: 43rd Annual Regional Anesthesiology and Acute Pain Medicine Meeting on Thursday, April 19, 2018–Saturday, April 21, 2018 at Marriott Marquis Time Square, New York City, NY.
OPENANESTHESIA REGIONAL EXPERT OF THE MONTH
Each month we will present a profile of an expert in Regional Anesthesia.
- April 2016: Adam W. Amundson, MD
- July 2015: Adam D. Niesen, MD
- May 2015: Carrie R. Guheen, MD
- March 2015: Jean-Louis Horn, MD
Who would you like to know more about? Email us with your requests.
Content coming soon.
FEATURED ULTRASOUND IMAGE
Ultrasound image of the popliteal fossa with important structures labeled.
ABOUT THE EDITORSandy Kopp, MD is a board certified anesthesiologist and Associate Professor of Anesthesiology at Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN. She is Chair of the Orthopedic Division of Anesthesia at Mayo Clinic Hospital: Rochester Methodist campus. She is the program director for the Regional Anesthesia and Acute Pain Medicine Fellowship and a very active member of ASRA. She serves on the editorial boards of Anesthesia & Analgesia, Open Anesthesia, and Regional Anesthesia and Pain Medicine.
- Rohit Rahangdale, Mark C Kendall, Robert J McCarthy, Luminita Tureanu, Robert Doty, Adam Weingart, Gildasio S De Oliveira, The effects of perineural versus intravenous dexamethasone on sciatic nerve blockade outcomes: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study. Anesth. Analg.: 2014, 118(5);1113-9 [PubMed:24686045]
- J D Vloka, A Hadzić, E April, D M Thys. The division of the sciatic nerve in the popliteal fossa: anatomical implications for popliteal nerve blockade. Anesth. Analg.: 2001, 92(1);215-7 [PubMed:11133630]
- D K Rorie, D E Byer, D O Nelson, R Sittipong, K A Johnson. Assessment of block of the sciatic nerve in the popliteal fossa. Anesth. Analg.: 1980, 59(5);371-6 [PubMed:7189383]