WELCOME OUR MISSION
OpenAnesthesia™, sponsored by the International Anesthesia Research Society, is an online multimodal toolkit specifically designed to advance graduate medical education in anesthesia. It is our mission not only to enhance the traditional paradigm of scientific journalism but to revolutionize graduate medical education itself. OA offers a unique method for resident physicians, medical students and others interested in anesthesiology and pain management to discover and appreciate the primary medical literature and to cooperate and collaborate with colleagues in creating and refining the literature.
Our most popular feature is the "Question of the Day." You can test yourself with a new review question every day on the OA site. Another popular section is our keywords. Readers find this feature to be especially useful in preparing for their certification exams.
- Two peer-reviewed journals: Anesthesia & Analgesia and A&A Case Reports
- Free CME
- Discounted registration to IARS Annual Meeting
- Eligibility to apply for IARS Research Grants
Enroll your residents today!
Eight video lectures on TEE.
Check out our new subspecialty portals!
- ABA:TAVI complications
- ABA:NMB & hyperparathyroidism
- ABA:Maximum ABL calculation
- ABA:Carbon monoxide poisoning - Dx