Last updated: 03/05/2015
According to Barash, IHSS (HoCM) treatments include :
- alcohol ablation of the interventricular septum
- Pacing, using mode DDD with a short AV delay. This pre-excites the LV apex, resulting in paradoxical septal motion. The result is decreased ejection velocity, no SAM, and reduced LVOT gradient.
- septal myomectomy
- myocardial depression, often with volatiles
- preload full, afterload increased (e.g. phenylephrine)
- rate normal, rhythm sinus
- Keys to the Cart: May 08, 2017; A 5-minute video review of ABA Keywords Link
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.