- Murphy et al. Liberal or Restrictive Transfusion after Cardiac Surgery. N Engl J Med. 2015 Mar 12;372(11):997-1008.
- Maurice-Szamburski, et al. Effect of Sedative Premedication on Patient Experience After General Anesthesia: A Randomized Clinical Trial. JAMA. 2015 Mar 3;313(9):916-925.
- ARISE Investigators, et al. Goal-directed resuscitation for patients with early septic shock. N. Engl. J. Med.: 2014, 371(16);1496-506
- Holst LB et al. Lower versus higher hemoglobin threshold for transfusion in septic shock. N. Engl. J. Med.: 2014, 371(15);1381-91
- Harvey SE, et al. Trial of the route of early nutritional support in critically ill adults. N. Engl. J. Med.: 2014, 371(18);1673-84
- Oostdijk EAN, et al. Effects of decontamination of the oropharynx and intestinal tract on antibiotic resistance in ICUs: a randomized clinical trial. JAMA: 2014, 312(14);1429-37
- Pearse RM, et al. Effect of a perioperative, cardiac output-guided hemodynamic therapy algorithm on outcomes following major gastrointestinal surgery: a randomized clinical trial and systematic review. JAMA: 2014, 311(21);2181-90
- Asfar P, et al. High versus low blood-pressure target in patients with septic shock. N. Engl. J. Med.: 2014, 370(17);1583-93
- Caironi P, et al. Albumin replacement in patients with severe sepsis or septic shock. N. Engl. J. Med.: 2014, 370(15);1412-21
- ProCESS Investigators, Yealy DM et al. A randomized trial of protocol-based care for early septic shock. N. Engl. J. Med.: 2014, 370(18);1683-93
- Young D, et al. Effect of early vs late tracheostomy placement on survival in patients receiving mechanical ventilation: the TracMan randomized trial. JAMA: 2013, 309(20);2121-9
- Guérin C, et al. Prone positioning in severe acute respiratory distress syndrome. N. Engl. J. Med.: 2013, 368(23);2159-68
- Ferguson ND, et al. High-frequency oscillation in early acute respiratory distress syndrome. N. Engl. J. Med.: 2013, 368(9);795-805
- Young D, et al. High-frequency oscillation for acute respiratory distress syndrome. N. Engl. J. Med.: 2013, 368(9);806-13
- Dellinger RP, et al. Surviving sepsis campaign: international guidelines for management of severe sepsis and septic shock: 2012. Crit. Care Med.: 2013, 41(2);580-637
- Papazian L, et al. Neuromuscular blockers in early acute respiratory distress syndrome. N. Engl. J. Med.: 2010, 363(12);1107-16
ABOUT THE EDITORDr. Robert Thiele is a cardiothoracic and critical care anesthesiologist and primarily practices in the cardiac operating rooms and ICU. He completed his fellowship training at Duke University and is board-certified in critical care medicine and advanced preoperative TEE. Dr. Thiele also holds a certificate of completion for critical care ultrarsonography from the American College of Chest Physicians. His main research interests are in biomedical device development and validation. His clinical interests include TEE, critical care ultrasound, and the development of critical care and Enhanced Recovery after Surgery protocols.
by OpenAnesthesia's Associate
Robert Thiele, MD
- Detailed coverage of TEE and TTE
- Over 200 images/embedded videos
- Over 400 references
- 24 chapters - 373 pages - 142 MB