Preoperative Evaluation and Questions:
Lines and Monitors: Standard ASA,
Mode of anesthesia: General Anesthesia.
Intraoperative Goals and Events:
Post-Operative Concerns, Transport, Disposition: ICU
- Oral RAE cuffed tube taped to lower jaw. Straight connector on circuit.
- Concern for post-op obstruction. Surgeons will place tongue stitch to retract tongue if Pt obstructs. Will go to ICU post-op for airway watch.
- Use Ketamine and/or Precedex and minimal narcotics to decrease respiratory depression post-op. Glycopyrrolate early in case to decrease secretions.
- Hold tube when removing throat packing, ETT may be dislodged with packing.
- May have significant amount of blood in posterior pharynx, suction thoroughly.
- Avoid crying, screaming, coughing on wake-up. Do not place oral or nasal airway post-op. Use tongue stitch to open airway if needed.
- May be associated with chronic otitis requiring tympanostomy tubes. May also be associated with Peirre-Robin and Treacher-Collins.